Frequently asked questions:
When certain semiconducting materials, such as certain kinds of silicon, are exposed to sunlight, they release small amounts of electricity. This process is known as the photoelectric effect. The photoelectric effect refers to the emission, or rejection, of electrons in response to light.
Solar PV generates electricity from light (photons). The more light that shines on them the more energy they produce.
Yes! Solar is a great and secure investment, better than investing your money in savings accounts or IRA’s. If you are looking for an ethical place to put your money then solar PV will benefit you and the planet.
www.NABCEP.com | www.SolarReviews.com
Too many questions?
Get in touch with our specialist for faster assistance
Florida solar energy center. Fsec is the largest and most active state-supported renewable energy and energy efficiency research, training, testing, and certification institute in the united states.
Also called tied to grid or grid tie system, is a semi-autonomous electrical generation or grid energy storage system which links to the mains to feed excess capacity back to the local mains electrical grid. When insufficient electricity is generated, or the batteries are not fully charged, electricity drawn from the mains grid can make up the shortfall.
A packaged, connected assembly of solar cells.
Solar cells made of monocrystalline silicon (mono-si), also called single-crystalline silicon (single-crystal-si), are quite easily recognizable by an external even coloring and uniform look, indicating high-purity silicon.
Or maximum power point tracker is an electronic dc to dc converter that optimizes the match between the solar array (pv panels), and the battery bank or utility grid. To put it simply, they convert a higher voltage dc output from solar panels (and a few wind generators) down to the lower voltage needed to charge batteries.
National renewable energy laboratory. Is the united states’ primary laboratory for renewable energy and energy efficiency research and development. The national renewable energy laboratory (nrel) is a government-owned, contractor-operated facility, and is funded through the united states department of energy (doe).
A particle of light that acts as an individual unit of energy.
The smallest semiconductor element within a pv module to perform the immediate conversion of light into electrical energy (direct current voltage and current). Also called a solar cell.
Commonly refers to a photovoltaic system, photovoltaic power system, pv system or casually solar array, is a power system designed to supply usable solar power by means of photovoltaics. It consists of an arrangement of several components, including solar panels to absorb and directly convert sunlight into electricity.
An abbreviation for photovoltaic, pronounced fotovoltaik, which comes from latin: photo (light) + voltaic. (Producing direct electric current) = producing electricity with light.
Understanding price and terms
Example: A 2,000-watt system, that has a total cost of $8,000, is considered to cost $4 per watt.
Solar pv site evaluation
Solar-Ray provides one of the most thorough and precise solar site evaluations in the industry. Below is a description of what you can expect. Call today to learn more or schedule an appointment (407) 443-4404, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full year’s analysis of your solar exposure from five points of the projected array location using digital imaging from a Solar Pathfinder.
- Identification of significant shading objects with the time of day and month they will occur.
- Basic design and price estimate for a recommended system including module size, array configuration, wiring diagram, inverter selection, and balance-of-system component location.
- Spreadsheet of estimated daily AC production using regional solar radiation data from the U.S. Department of Energy and calculations of inherent system power losses.
- Product specifications and warranty information on selected modules and inverter(s).
- Current information on your utility’s net-metering and interconnection policy.
- Information on applicable building codes, safety regulations, Florida construction contracting law, and recommended best practices for system installation.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Please fill out the form and we will get back to you right away.